- 1 Tooth Pain When Lying Down: Symptoms, Causes, And Treatment
- 1.1 Why do you experience tooth pain when you lie down
- 1.2 Causes of Tooth Pain at Night
- 1.3 How To Overcome Tooth Pain During Night
- 1.4 What should I do for a tooth pain that comes and goes?
Tooth Pain When Lying Down: Symptoms, Causes, And Treatment
An increase in tooth pain when one lies down is not uncommon, as several people notice the problem.The answer to the same question “why does my tooth hurt when I lay down” can be found by seeing and diagnosing, the condition of the tooth, areas surrounding it, and the jaw. A tooth pain causes when the nerves in the adjoining vicinity of the tooth get irritated somehow. The medical conditions that lead to tooth pain, irrespective of your body position, are tooth decay and infections, among others.
A painful tooth condition may also exhibit other oral heal.A toothache is a pain which occurs in, and around the tooth, teeth, or the jaws. Tooth decay is the cause of the condition in most cases, while other oral and health conditions may also cause pain in the tooth. A tooth pain is noticeable during the night because of many reasons. Hopefully, all the conditions related to a toothache is done easily overcome through appropriate dental treatment conditions. These include foul taste/smell, soreness in the tooth, and more sensitivity to cold, hot, and sugary substances.
Why do you experience tooth pain when you lie down
A tooth pain may be more noticeable and excruciating when you are earthwards.Some reasons are below.
- Greater awareness
You are greater at peace with yourself and the world outside when you sleep or lie down. A tooth pain is more clearly noticeable in these conditions, as more of your attention diverts towards it.
- Grinding and Clenching
Our emotions lead us to display various physical acts, and grinding and clenching of teeth are one of them. As your gums, tooth roots, and the jaws suffer because of the habit or act; they start to pain during the night.
- Bad Dinner Choices
Sugar and carbohydrate-rich food or cold/hot/acidic meals cause the harmful bacteria to grow easily,
And hence the tooth pain may aggravate during the night when you are already affected by the condition. Things got even worse when you do not brush your teeth at night, and when you do not wash with mouthwash.Eating habit may differ because of different ethnicity, and one may eat a burger for lunch and a steak for dinner.Avoid eating sugar or carbohydrate-rich food which is sensitive to the tooth.
- The Lying Position
Reclining causes an increase in the sinus pressure. As more blood rushes to the head during the night, the tooth pain increases.Attempt to add a pillow on your head. Also when this may be mental when you consider that when mendacity down you’re extra enjoyable and not concerned in some other paintings and feature greater of your thoughts going closer to the enamel.
Causes of Tooth Pain at Night
There are some causes of tooth pain when one rests or is in a supine position. This include:
- The TMI Disorder– The TMI or Temporomandibular disorder is caused because of tooth grinding or Bruxism. When you stretch and misalign your jaws, the TMI gets damaged or has a change in alienation. The activity takes place during the day, but its effects are evident at night.
- Cavities– Bacteria and odd meal choices are the cause of cavities in the tooth. These harmful agents erode the outer linings and layers of your tooth and cause cavities. The tooth’s inner areas become soft, and any effect the nerve bears causes the pain.
- Root Infection– Oral injury, decay and other kinds of dental damages create a ripe ground for bacteria to grow, in the mouth. The germs may penetrate deeper, and cause pain.
- Periodontal Disease– When the gum tissue gets affected, swelling and sensitivity occur. If a dentist does not immediately attend the condition, the whole tooth may be lost.These are some of the reasons why does my tooth hurt when I lay down.
Suggested Article: Why do all of my teeth hurt?
How To Overcome Tooth Pain During Night
You would like to know how to sleep with a toothache. It is easy to overcome a toothache at night by sleeping in a more elevated position. Just uplift the head side of the bed higher by adding anything to the legs of the bed or can use multiple pillows to get the right elevation. The method would not treat the condition, though, and you will get only circumstantial relief.
For long-lasting treatment of the tooth problem, and for curing the tooth pain, some dental processes and remedies are used. This include:
A dentist can place a dental filling so that the tooth is repaired. The dentist will remove all the decay from the tooth by using a drill. The process is commenced only after the patient is given anaesthesia, so that he or she experiences no pain during the process. After the decay is taken away, the tooth is shaped so that a filing can be put in. The materials that re-used towards the filing purposes include glass ionomer, resin, eugenol, and zinc oxide, among others.
Root Canal Therapy
This treatment involved removal of the infected or inflamed pulp. Subsequently, the inner layers of the tooth get disinfected. The inner tooth layers are then sealed by using gutta-percha, a rubber resembling material. Later a crown or filling is put off the tooth so that it is restored. The method provides for tooth pain at night relief. Tooth pain when lying down after the root canal is lesser, and is subdued completely after some time.
Video Shows how root canal is done: why does my tooth hurt when I lay down
What are some of the reasons for this?
It means your dentist does not have done the filling of tooth root canals properly which gives you the pain. I won’t move into detail now, but in case you had let a tooth decay is a lot that it needs the root canal then you have to critically reconsider your oral hygiene and above the full go and meet a great expert to do it nicely. Don’t be too afraid if it comes to it; they’ll have you have you under local anaesthesia.Why does my tooth hurt when I lay down, these are some reasons.
- Antibiotic medications are used to overcome the periodontal diseases and infections.
- The misaligned jaw can be healed by using the oral appliances. The method can be used to overcome the tooth pain only at night problem.
The various methods help in lowering the inflammation, which engulfs the inner layers of the tooth. When the inflammation subsides, the tooth nerves do not get irritated, and you get relief from pain and swelling. A toothache will be better when you lie down and will go away in a short while.
If a toothache does not lower even after 1 or 2 days, is severe, or is accompanied by an earache and fever, you must see a dentist immediately. Proper and regular oral hygiene delays the toothache conditions, and keep both gums and teeth healthy and fit.Read more than 50+ toothache home remedies here.
What should I do for a tooth pain that comes and goes?
Take it seriously and consult a dentist as soon as possible. That is greater of an not steady ache that might be an acute or a shirt appearing pain of the pulp. In case you had described the nature of grief, a higher analysis is needed for this.Return to Homepage
That is still a fantastic sign because the caries is beginning and hasn’t reached the pulp. So there is no need of root canal remedy. Go and see your dentist, take an X-ray of the affected place and see what your dentist has to say approximately it.
Do not delay now. You could avoid a root canal if you act speedily.Follow Tooth Pain Remedies on Pinterest for more dental related images.
Latest posts by Anna (see all)
- Severe Toothache after filling: Should I visit the Dentist Immediately ? - January 18, 2018
- Impacted Wisdom tooth pain: Symptoms, Causes, Remedies & Relief - January 16, 2018
- Bad breath after tooth extraction-Causes and Permanent Cures - January 15, 2018