One of the most severe pains is toothache. It is not an easy to bear the pain in a tooth especially broke. Many people who have a broken tooth may not feel the pain unless the nerves are visible. But a few people may feel the throbbing tooth pain even if there are no nerves visible. In the case of broken tooth nerve pain, the patient needs immediate attention. Several ways involve the use of medication and home remedies which ease and stop a toothache. Here is how to stop a toothache from a broken tooth.
How to stop a toothache from a broken tooth by avoiding food
Before a person takes the medication or applies the home remedies, it is important to prepare the tooth for better relief. The person who has a toothache must at any cost avoid sugar, sweets, rice, and cold drinks. The person should also avoid alcoholic beverages and acidic drinks. These are the food items which cause toothache. It is important to use lukewarm water to rinse the mouth. The lukewarm water is quite useful for pain relief in the teeth. It works directly on the nerves and soothes them to ease the pain.
How to stop a toothache from a broken tooth with natural remedies
Besides going to a dentist and spending an enormous amount of money, anyone who has broken tooth pain can use these natural home remedies to stop the excruciating tooth pain.
- Using cloves or clove oil will stop the pain in the tooth. The method is to put the clove or a couple of cloves in the broken area for at least 3 to 4 hours. The clove has the natural properties not only to relief pain but also provide resistance for future.
- Similarly, the clove oil can also be used to stop the pain in the broken tooth. Using the cotton balls to soak in the clove oil and then place the cotton balls in the affected area will halt the pain.
- Using the tea tree oil is also helpful in getting rid of the toothache. Rinsing the mouth with warm water mixed with tea tree oil gives instant relief from the pain. This treatment is also useful for bad tooth pain.
- Using the guava leaves or the plantain leaves can also stop the pain in the broken tooth. Chewing these leaves or rinsing the mixture of these leaves with water will stop a toothache in the broken tooth.
How to stop a toothache from a broken tooth with over the counter meds
Using over the counter meds is extremely helpful and stops the pain in the broken tooth immediately. There is, however, consideration; if there is swelling around the tooth, it means the toothache is also caused by the pus which gets created as a result of broken tooth. To get full relief from the pain, the person should take not only the pain reliever but also the medication that will treat the swelling by killing the pus inside. It is the best way for broken wisdom tooth pain relief.
Eugenol is an anesthetic which can be applied to the affected area for instant pain relief. To use the solution, it is impotent to us the cotton buds. Soak the buds in the eugenol and then place the cotton bud in the affected area i.e. the space in the teeth where it is broken. It is important however not to use too much of the solution, as it has side effects.
The pain relief from the methods as mentioned earlier is good, but it may be temporary. If the tooth is damaged severely, these treatments will only work for an interim period. To get rid of the pain in tooth forever, it is important to take help from a dentist. Several dental methods can contribute to stopping the pain in the broken tooth.
- One of such treatments is using the temporary dental cement. It is available in the market, and anyone can apply it, but it ‘s nice to have an expert do it. Once the crack in the tooth is filled and covered, the pain will go away eventually.
- Another excellent dental treatment is to ask the dentist to perform a permanent filling of the tooth. It will also cover the tooth’s exposed nerve and provide permanent relief of pain.
- There are a few cases when the broken tooth has also exposed the nerves inside the tooth. In that case, the treatment to get rid of the pain is the root canal. It is a complete surgery of the tooth that involves removal of the nerves and then filling the space permanently.
- Tooth extraction also cures and stops the pain. A good dentist will advise extracting the tooth only when no other treatment works. The broken tooth extraction is the last stage.
Symptoms of a broken tooth toothache
The pain does not occur immediately; it takes time unless the nerves are visible. But a few symptoms may occur which are a sign that the tooth pain will happen soon. These symptoms include swelling, a slight burst of pain eating on that side of the mouth, and also fever in a few cases. Sometimes broken tooth pain in jaw also occurs as a symptom. So, if the jaw starts to ache, it is a sign that the broken tooth will soon cause a big problem. It is thus important to apply the methods as mentioned earlier to cure the toothache when a person has these symptoms.
To know how to stop a toothache from a broken tooth, it is important to take care. The medication and the natural remedies will never work if a person does not stay away from foods that cause pain in the broken tooth. Anyone who follows the above tips and methods to get rid of toothache will get rid of the problem permanently. There is no need to remove the tooth to get rid of toothache.Follow tooth pain remedies on youtube for more videos.
Read top home remedies for tooth pain here.
Latest posts by Anna (see all)
- Vanilla extract for toothache-Easy Home Remedies - November 6, 2017
- Dental MythBuster– Dentists Still Use Novocaine | Answered - October 27, 2017
- Can I Drink Coffee after My Wisdom Tooth Removal? - October 24, 2017