Is it Possible to Wisdom tooth to Grow Back Again?
The last teeth that you get as adults get called the wisdom teeth. There are four wisdom teeth at the back of the mouth with two each on the bottom and top. The gums get hardened with age and the coming out of the wisdom teeth feels painful as a result. So, naturally, the wisdom teeth need to get removed to relieve you of the discomfort. The discomfort might still persist after the extraction of the tooth. But the pain and swelling stay for weeks after the extraction. The questions abound in the minds of people about wisdom teeth extractions and whether it can grow back after removal.
The coming back of wisdom teeth after removal
Not everyone needs wisdom tooth removal. If you are someone with the large jaw, the then chances are that you will need no wisdom tooth removal process in your lifetime. The wisdom teeth appear and stay put just like any other teeth. The problem arises when you have a small jaw, and the teeth cannot come out well.
The truth of the matter is that the wisdom teeth only come back if it has gotten removed partially. A tooth does not grow again if it has gotten removed completely. There could be some reasons if you had the tooth extracted and feel it is growing back again.
- It can occur due to a leftover root tip from the time when the dentist was carrying out the extraction process. This piece of root erupts from the gums after a while which gives the feeling of wisdom teeth coming back.
- The sensation may occur if you have an extra tooth at the same point. The eruption occurs if the tooth comes up in the area after you get the wisdom tooth removed.
- The other possible scenario is where there is a kind of lesion forming in the area but no tooth coming up. The lesion gives the sensation of a tooth reoccurrence.
- The most common scenario is the coming up of bones from the tooth socket. The wisdom tooth is in a socket that gets made of bones. The removal process, if not carried out carefully, might break the boney sockets coming out of the gums after tooth extraction. The dentists maintain extreme caution while the wisdom tooth removal process to ensure that the bone fragments are not left behind. If these are left behind, they can erupt a few days after the surgery. In some cases, these bone fragments take years to come out from the gum.
There are times when you feel that a wisdom tooth is growing back, but in reality, it is a new wisdom tooth coming up. This happens with people who have more than the typical set of wisdom teeth. Your dentist will be the right person to give you the correct evaluation of the matter. The oral surgeons use radiograph on the affected area to know the cause of the discomfort.
The impacted wisdom tooth syndrome
For people who have a smaller jaw, the wisdom tooth does not get the space that it needs to come out. In such situations, it sticks to another tooth in front of the wisdom tooth. The wisdom tooth comes out at an angle in this case. This gets known as an impacted wisdom tooth. The teeth cannot develop in a normal way as it gets stopped from emerging normally. It causes a lot of pain and damages the teeth that are beside the wisdom teeth.
In some cases, the impacted wisdom tooth does not cause any immediate issue. But the problems are bound to arise as the cleaning of the teeth gets difficult. The common problems that stem from lack of cleanliness in the mouth are infections and tooth decay. The only way to save you from the problem is getting the impacted wisdom tooth removed.
The experience of changes in the mouth or face after the tooth extraction
A common thought regarding wisdom tooth extraction is whether it will bring about any changes in the face or mouth. The only temporary change that it will bring to your face is the swelling that occurs after wisdom tooth gets removed. After the area of the mouth heals, the swelling also goes away. There is no change in the face or mouth whereas the mouth feels better than before with the persistent pain gone.
The things like bleeding in the initial few days are also common factors, but that has no impact on your face or mouth. The only thing that you must stay aware of is the conditions like a dry socket that attack after the wisdom tooth removal.So it is not possible to grow your wisdom tooth pain back but it is now able to have an extra wisdom tooth.It is called as the supernumerary tooth.Please refer to the above image for this.The supernumerary is not a new one but it failed to detect the x-ray treatment when the real wisdom tooth was removed and it might give a fake impression that your originally removed teeth have grown back.The reborn cases are very rare. Consult your dentist and follow his advice well if you experience any discomfort in the mouth or the sensation of wisdom tooth reoccurrence
Learn more about interesting facts about wisdom teeth
Latest posts by Anna (see all)
- Severe Toothache after filling: Should I visit the Dentist Immediately ? - January 18, 2018
- Impacted Wisdom tooth pain: Symptoms, Causes, Remedies & Relief - January 16, 2018
- Bad breath after tooth extraction-Causes and Permanent Cures - January 15, 2018